We, in Rosslare Golf Club, understand that privacy is very important to you, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, and any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we hold about you will be processed by us. The Data Protection Act (the Act) contains rules designed to protect your privacy. We are registered as a data controller for the purpose of the Act and must comply with the Act.
Personal data means any information that we hold, or are likely to hold, relating to an identified or identifiable living individual. In practice, this means personal information we hold about our members and users of our Website.
1. Information we may collect from you
When you join or visit our Club we collect only the information required from you to be able to fulfil our contractual obligations. For example, this may include the information you provide us on registration as a member and a record of any correspondence you have with us. We may also collect further information through our website which allows us to contact you regarding events and offers at the Club. All information that we collect about you will be kept confidential with the following exceptions:
- Information stored in the Members’ Area will be available for other members to use in accordance with the Acceptable Use Policy. You can withdraw your consent to this use of your information at any time by contacting us.
- if disclosure is required or permitted by law;
The type of personal Information we collect from you may include all or some of the following:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Previous Clubs
- Payment card details (for one time use only and will not be kept on file)
- Responses to competition and promotion entries
2. How we use your personal information
We collect and process this information in order to help us to better understand the needs and interests of our members and visitors and in order to fulfil our contractual obligations with you. We will process your personal information to provide club services to members including:
- Sharing your information with internal/external processors:
- Membership Administration system i.e. SmartClub
- Competition Card checkers
- Team Captains
- BRS Booking system
- Handicap Master
- Mail Delivery facilitator
- Club Professional
- Club Caterers
- to provide you with information relating to the club or associated events;
- to tailor the functionality/presentation of the Website and to make improvements thereto;
Your personal data is controlled internally by the Data Protection Officer (identified below) who adheres to the Club’s internal data protection policies and procedures
3. Where we store your personal information
We will store the data that we collect about you on our secure servers which are password protected.
We do our best to protect your personal information but unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
4. Your rights
You have the right
- to be kept informed
- to access the information we hold about you.
- to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes
- to have mistakes in data held rectified at your request
- to have certain information deleted
- to data portability i.e. information must be provided in easy to read format eg Word, Excel
- not to be subjected to profiling i.e. decisions made about your interests/preferences by others
The Club operates a recorded CCTV security system to protect the interests of our members and the Club. There are notices to this effect around the premises. There is no CCTV in the locker rooms or toilet areas.
More information about cookies is available on www.aboutcookies.org
8.General Consent as Parent or Guardian
When you have provided information in respect of a Junior Member, you confirm that:
- they have appointed you to act for them and that you are legally entitled to do so
- you consent to the processing of their personal data
- to receive on their behalf any data protection notices from the Club
If you have any enquiries about this notice, please email
who is the Data Protection Officer (DPO) for the purposes of GDPR